Spain (ESP) will be desperate to register three points when they take on Poland (POL) in the Euro 2020 Group E fixture. The three-time winners endured a frustrating outing in their first match as Sweden held them to a 0-0 draw. Spain had 75% of the possession and 17 attempts on goal but couldn’t find a way past Robin Olsen. Poland, meanwhile, started their campaign with a defeat at the hands of Slovakia.
After a disappointing outing, La Roja’s front three will hope to find their scoring boots against Poland. Alvaro Morata, who squandered a good chance in the first half against Sweden, was jeered by Spanish fans when he was substituted. Spain skipper Sergio Busquets, who was tested positive for COVID-19 on June 6, has returned to the squad and could feature against Poland. The stand-in captain Jordi Alba was a constant menace for the Sweden backline all game.
The defeat against Slovakia has left Poland facing an uphill task to keep their last 16 hopes alive. Robert Lewandowski, who scored only one goal in Euro 2016, would be hoping to put in an impressive performance in the must-win clash against Spain. Left-back Maciej Rybus and Karol Linetty impressed against Slovakia as the duo combined to score Poland’s only goal in the match.
ESP won: 8
POL won: 1
Top Five Fantasy Points scorers (last match)
ESP: P Torres (13 pts), A Laporte (12.5 pts), J Alba (12 pts), Koke (9 pts), M Llorente (8.5 pts)
POL: K Linetty (13 pts), M Rybus (7 pts), J Bednarek (4.5 pts), B Bereszynski (4 pts), K Glik (4 pts)
Stats & Facts
- M Rybus (DEF) grabbed an assist and completed more than 30 passes against Slovakia in the Euro 2020 Group E match
- A Laporte (DEF), P Torres (DEF), & J Alba (DEF) completed more than 100 passes against Sweden in the Euro 2020 Group E match
- A Morata (FOR) scored two goals in Spain’s second game of the Euro 2016
- R Lewandowski (FOR) had five attempts on goal, but had no shots on target against Slovakia in the Euro 2020 Group E match
- Spain hammered Poland 6-0 in the last meeting between two teams
POL: G Krychowiak (suspended)
ESP (possible): U Simon; M Llorente, A Laporte, P Torres, J Alba; Koke, R Hernandez Cascante, P Gonzalez Lopez; G Moreno, A Morata, D Olmo
POL (possible): W Szczesny; B Bereszynski, K Glik, J Bednarek; K Jozwiak, J Moder, K Linetty, M Rybus; M Klich, P Zielinski; R Lewandowski
Play the Europe’s biggest football competition on Paytm First Games